Soft Toys to Take Home this Christmas
The wonderful world of soft toys is once again offering us a fabulous array of gifts for the holiday season. Today’s post is a look at 10 of the top cute and cuddly soft toys to hit the shops this Christmas.
1 & 2. The first soft toys picks are from Aurora World. The team at Aurora World were kind enough to send me samples of these two gifts and I have to say they were a huge hit at C&G Network HQ. Opening the parcel while I grabbed a drink with a friend at my local coffee shop the ‘My Jungle Friends’ set (shown above) got lots of attention from fellow cafe patrons. It’s a really sweet toy; the container is a jungle-style hut, which reveals the animals inside. As I was taking a closer look a lady in the cafe got very interested in the toy asking lots of questions and wanting to know just how many soft toys were going to be revealed. As you can see from the picture the toy comes with four jungle animals. My more observant friend quickly figured out that each of the animals has its own sound when squeezed; an added bonus that make the toy extra special. It’s a really lovely gift idea, especially for younger kids who can enjoy the sounds as well as the cute animals. Retailing at $25.00, the My Jungle Friends toy has recently been awarded the ‘Top Toy of the Year’ from the 2014 Creative Child Awards.
The second pick from Aurora World is the 10″ Taddle Toes ‘Winks’ Owl (shown below). New for 2014, the Taddle Toes range is a series of plush animals which feature soft, chunky bodies, endearing faces and over-sized feet. Like the Jungle Friends toy, the Winks Owl has also won an award at this year’s Creative Child Awards, this time the ‘Preferred Choice Award’. A very huggable and high quality plush, Winks is a great option for ages 3+. The 10″ Taddle Toes toys retails at $14.00. Both toys can be purchased from stockists worldwide and direct from the Aurora World website.
3. My third toy pick is from a delightful collection of fair trade gifts. With its vibrant collection of textiles, the ‘Cuddly Patchwork Rabbit’ is a unique and ethical soft toy choice. Retailing at £10.00 the Rabbit is available to buy online at In A Strange Land.
4 & 5. Our next soft toys are from The Great British Teddy Bear Company. Their delightful website is a must-see for fans of traditional teddy bears. Being the Teddy experts they have tonnes of themed bears and it was hard to pick exactly which ones to share. After much deliberation I went with the Sherlock Teddy (shown above) and the Robin Hood Teddy Bear (below). Any Sherlock-themed toy is bound to be a big hit thanks to the popularity of the BBC show and the Robin Hood Bear has such a great outfit!
As befits such a quality teddy bear, both Sherlock and Robin come with wonderfully detailed costumes. The bears retail at £29.95 each. See the full collection at The Great British Teddy Bear Company website.
6. Returning to the world of Fair Trade Toys, the #6 pick is the Knitted Stripe T-Rex from Best Years. The traditional knitting craft is given a contemporary makeover with bold, colourful stripes and cool Dinosaur characters. These are going to be in high demand when the new Jurassic World movie comes out next year so grab one now while you can. Prices start from £12.99 from Best Years stockists nationwide. For more information please visit the Best Years website.
7. Moving on from the world of wool, the next toy is made of a classic corduroy. A very dapper-looking fella, the Corduroy Fox Toy is one of three corduroy soft toys. Alongside the Fox you can also purchase Bear and Racoon characters. Retailing at £14.00 each the toys can be purchased online at Aspace.
8. The next pick is a nursery soft toy from Mouse House Gifts … the adorably cute ‘Bunny in Dress’. With big floppy ears and a super soft body, the toy is suitable from birth; a great gift option for new babies. Priced at £13.99 the Bunny can be purchased direct from Mouse House Gifts.
9. The Brown Fox Cuddly Toy is handmade from Organic Cotton, providing an Eco-Friendly, naturally hypo-allergenic option. Its natural credentials mean this is a great toy for parents keen to find completely safe toys. The Brown Fox is £24.00 from Darwin’s Home.
10. Our final toy pick is the Giant Round Fuzzy Fox. A huge and huggable (squishable in fact) soft toy design. The 15″ sized toy (shown here) retails at £34.99. The toy is also available in a 3″ size with keychain clip and a 7″ size with prices at £6.99 and £17.99 respectively. The Squishable range also has a host of other animals once you’ve collected all the Foxes. See the full collection on the Squishable website.