Festive Friday 2017 is Fast Approaching
The day is fast approaching when the greetings card industry comes together for Festive Friday 2017.
To be held on Friday 1st December 2017, Festive Friday is a special day for the card industry and greetings card senders everywhere; marking the time when we sit down (with a mince pie or two) and write our Christmas cards.
The annual Festive Friday campaign aims to “create a great first wave of beautiful cards arriving in early December to get everyone in the Christmas card-sending mood!”
Created by the Greeting Card Association (GCA), Festive Friday 2017 is now in it’s fifth year and is bigger and better than ever.
Get Involved in Festive Friday 2017
The GCA are keen to get as many people as possible involved in Festive Friday 2017, whether you’re a designer, maker, retailer or greetings card fan.
Taking part is easy, simply download the Festive Friday Toolkit from the GCA website and you’ll have a heap of resources to help inspire your creativity and card sending.
Ideas for Taking Part
Some of the ways you can get involved with the Festive Friday movement include:
- Change your social media covers and email signature images to include the Festive Friday 2017 banners
- Posting greeting card images on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the #FestiveFriday hashtag
- Donate Christmas cards to a good cause: local schools, play centre, care homes, charities, hospitals or community groups for example.
- Create a giveaway competition for a box of Christmas Cards.
- Organise a card sending hour , using the time to send Christmas cards to friends, family and colleagues.
- Take photos of your Festive Friday event and post these on social media tagging in @GCAUK
Card Industry Campaigns
The greetings card industry is a tight knit community of card enthusiasts. Festive Friday 2017 is just one of the many pro-card campaigns that are held throughout the year. To keep up to date with more card sending news and activities follow us on Twitter.