A Quick Sneak Peek at What’s Coming to Spring Fair 2018
Spring Fair 2018 arrives at the Birmingham NEC this weekend. We’ve already taken a look at some of the show events and the new product launches, but today I wanted to give you one final preview. A round-up of all the must-see things that visitors can expect.
If you’ve never visited Spring Fair before it’s a massive show and there’s always so much to see and do; Spring Fair 2018 is no different.
Here are a few of the things to watch out for…
The Atelier – Hall 20 and Hall 17
The Atelier is a new trends experience that is launching at Spring Fair 2018. The immersive feature installation will reveal the gift and home trends you need to know now, next season, next year and into 2020.
Located in Hall 20 in Spring Fair and in Hall 17 of the NEC at the co-located show Jewellery & Watch, The Atelier will showcase original concepts and bestseller product recommendations.
Compelling video and stunning room sets will bring the trends to life. Helping you to confidently plan new product launches with confidence and success.
Spring Fair organisers have worked with Pinterest, WGSNand Coloro to curate four zones packed with inspirational content, designed to help you:
- Learn more about what’s selling right now, with hotlists from Pinterest and Amazon.
- Explore new options to improve your product offering.
- Choose the perfect products for next season and beyond.
- Get inspired by strong visual merchandising that will draw more customers to your shop.
- Gain unique and exclusive insight into future trends.
Inside Retail Hub – Hall 6
Inside Retailer is the new centralised location for seminars, talks and workshops, all designed to sharpen your sales and marketing skills.
Workshops will be held daily at 4 pm at the Inside Retail Hub (Sunday to Wednesday). No need for booking just turn up on the day and join in!
Topics being covered include:
- Negotiating with Low Buying Power. You’ll learn how to build a concise collection around research, pay a good price for it and build a great relationship with the supplier to boot. Sunday 4th February.
- The Secrets of Personalisation – discover the impact of sending customers their orders in personalised packaging at MacFarlane Packaging’s workshop. Monday 5th February.
- Digital Marketing Trends – a workshop looking at the digital marketing trends that you can use to grow your business in 2018. Tuesday 6th February.
- How to Create a Digital Marketing Plan – run by me, this workshop will take you through creating a digital marketing plan for your business. In this session, you will: create a digital marketing calendar for your business. Establish goals for your marketing campaigns that will increase sales. Learn the 3 Step System that will save you time and money when marketing online.
For Spring Fair 2018 seminars will start on the hour, making it easier to plan your day and which speakers you’d like to catch. Highlights of the week include:
- Tips from award-winning accountant Bobby Lane on driving profitability.
- Information on how to work with your local community to build a business from a gift shop, Wishes from Cudworth.
- Digital Marketing Trends for 2018 from Climb Online.
- Autumn Fair hit, John Romanoski on understanding and controlling Amazon.
- How to build online sales with Simon Pryce.
- Digital advertising with Google Digital Garage.
Meet the Experts
Returning to Spring Fair 2018 even bigger and better, Meet the Experts is your chance to get your burning questions answered in a way that makes sense for your business.
You can book your free 20-minute session with the expert of your choice ahead of your visit, or just turn up at the Inside Retail Hub the day of your visit and sign up then.
Key topics for the modern retailer include:
- Buying & Merchandising
- Visual Merchandising
- Digital Marketing
- Business Health Checks
- Implementing EPOS and other systems
DIT Export Theatre – Hall 9
The DIT Export Theatre at Spring Fair 2018 offers a timetable of talks and workshops, which will help you export your products to new markets overseas.
DIT is committed to providing advice, support and market insights. Giving you a chance to explore how you could export your business and be successful overseas.
The DIT Export Theatre will host a range of talks from DIT export advisers and industry leaders; as well as real-life businesses sharing their first-hand export experiences.
Talks cover crucial topics including:
- Protecting your IP in the international marketplace with Bill Russell of the UK International Property Office.
- Taking the first step into export with Christine Hancock from DIT.
- Country spotlights on Europe, ASEAN and China.
Glee New Product Showcase Awards – Hall 3
Sunday 4th February, 17:00 – 18:00
The Glee New Product Showcase in Hall 3 is scored by a panel of judges. Visitors will be able to see the most innovative, unique and commercial products from all of the Glee at Spring Fair suppliers.
The competition sees new designs and products perfectly displayed for your consideration. The best of each category will receive the accolade of a “Glee Award”.
The judging panel will decide the product winners based on their innovation, design, promotion and saleability.
The Housewares Innovation Awards
Monday 5th February 2018, 18:30 onward at the National Motorcycle Museum
The Housewares Innovation Awards 2018 honours the most outstanding products, retailers and suppliers within the housewares industry.
During a prestigious ceremony attended by the industry’s elite, the awards will recognise new and notable products pushing the boundaries of housewares.
Held on the Monday evening of the show, the awards will take place at the National Motorcycle Museum.
Gift of the Year Awards – The Vox Birmingham
Sunday 4th February 2018, 18:15 onward
Taking place annually during Spring Fair, the Gift of the Year Awards 2018 is a recognition of the most innovative gifts and talent in the industry.
This year the awards celebrate their 40th anniversary, so it’s sure to be an extra special event. Fans of gifts, dressing up and nights should definitely consider booking a ticket for the celebration party.
Even if you miss the party you don’t have to miss the gifts. Visitors will be able to see all the nominated products on display during the show.
Glee Greatest Christmas Display Awards – Hall 3, Stand C10-D11
Awards ceremony on Tuesday 6 February 2018 at 09:00
Following a successful festive season, the best garden retail Christmas teams will be celebrating at Glee at Spring Fair.
Hosted by Garden Trade News, the Greatest Christmas Awards are a new addition, which recognises the amazing work garden centre teams put into creating a stunning festive season. The awards have become a popular part of the event calendar and are a welcome addition to the 2nd edition of Glee.
If you can’t make the ceremony you can view the imagery of the festive displays throughout the show.
New Product Showcase – Hall 5
Not to be confused with the Glee New Product Showcase in Hall 3, the Hall 5 feature highlights the newest and most exciting products from selected brands across Spring Fair.
With eye-catching visual merchandising, the New Product Showcase is a hub for product and display inspiration.
Definitely a must-see feature for retailers searching for must-have products across all sectors in the show.
The Party Stage – Hall 5
Showcasing the best of party and costumes for kids (big and small), the Party Stage is the destination for retailers who specialise in (or want to expand into) the party and costume market.
Products in Action – Hall 9, Stand 9E80
For Spring Fair 2018 show organisers have curated a line up of events that will show products in action.
The popular Housewares LIVE demonstrations – sponsored by Magimix – are back in the Kitchen, Dining & Housewares sector. Get ready for an exciting 4 days of not-to-be-missed product showcases and tasting experiences hosted by actor, director, producer and writer Ryan Philpott.
Kitchen hardware expert Malcolm Harradine will be joined by celebrity chefs, Jeremy Pang and Ken Hom to showcase a selection of the best products and innovations to use in the kitchen.
The Wine Show’s Joe Fattorini will host a unique tasting experience, demonstrating how retailers can introduce memorable wine tasting experiences to their stores.
Joe Wicks, fitness coach, TV presenter and author will also be cooking up a storm with his prawn and chorizo recipe; before holding a brief Q&A session with the audience.
Visiting Spring Fair 2018
Spring Fair 2018 runs from Sunday 4th February to Thursday 8th February. To find out more about all the show moments mentioned today and to book your ticket to attend the show please visit the Spring Fair website.