Greeting Card Association Unveils Toolkit for Festive Friday 2018
The UK’s Greeting Card Association (GCA) annual Christmas event, Festive Friday 2018 is just around the corner. Are you ready to take part?
This year’s event takes place on Friday, 30th November and once again the aim is to encourage more people to send Christmas cards; giving a boost to designers, makers, and retailers in the industry.
If you’re new to Festive Friday, it’s easy to get involved.
The day sees everyone in the card industry (and all lovers of greetings cards) taking time out to send their personal Christmas cards.
This creates a wave of excitement as Christmas cards begin to drop through postboxes in early December and encourages more people to reach out to their friends and family sending their own festive greetings.
Ideas for Taking Part in Festive Friday 2018
Festive Friday 2018 is an open event for everyone in the industry and card lovers everywhere.
With the Festive Friday Toolkit, the GCA has delivered everything you need to organise your own Christmas card-sending event on Friday 30th November.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
- Ahead of the event, change your social media covers (Facebook, Twitter, and Google+) to Festive Friday-themed images.
- Add the Festive Friday banner image to your email signature
- Donate some (old or new) Christmas cards to a good cause.
- Contact your local school, play centre, an elderly people’s home, charity, hospital, library, community centre or church group to organise a card writing event.
- Host a give away of greeting cards as a prize.
- Organise a Festive Friday event at your workplace; get your staff together for an hour or two to write their Christmas cards and eat mince pies.
Whatever you choose to do make sure you take lots of photos to send to the GCA at [email protected]
& post your Festive Friday activities on social media with the hashtags #FestiveFriday and the event slogan #SendACardDeliverASmile as well as tagging in @GCAUK so they can help spread the message further.
Most important of all – send lots of Christmas cards and help spread a little festive cheer.
Download the Festive Friday Toolkit
To help you take part in Festive Friday 2018 with ease the GCA have created an event toolkit with artwork created by The Art File’s Jack Carter.
The Festive Friday 2018 Toolkit contains:
- Festive Friday event poster
- Event flyer
- Banner image
- Facebook cover image
- Twitter cover image
You can download the Toolkit on the GCA website now.