LaunchPad Stationery Competition Seeks Entries
Organisers of the LaunchPad stationery competition have recently announced that this year’s contest is now open for entries.
Now in its 4th year, LaunchPad aims to find and support individuals and companies in their efforts to break into the growing stationery market.
About the Competition
Run by the London Stationery Show, the LaunchPad initiative has so far showcased 30 new hopefuls to industry buyers and stationery enthusiasts.
Past winners have included notable stationery brands such as Back Pocket Notebook, Peace & Blessings, Paper Mirchi, Type and Story and Batch.Work, to name but a few.
Niccy Iseman, founder of Type and Story, and a 2018 LaunchPad winner said of the event:
“I had a taste of trade show life at the Stationery Show … I loved every second of meeting people, especially other designers. I managed to get a few great leads and am now happily stocked at Somerset House, so it was entirely worth it. I loved the setup, talking to buyers and trade show life.”
LaunchPad winners will receive:
- A free display space at the London Stationery Show, which runs from Tuesday 30th April to Wednesday 1st May.
- A listing on the show’s website and in its Event Guide.
- The opportunity to enter the Stationery Awards 2019.
- PR support and exposure to all the UK’s leading retailers and suppliers visiting the show.
The LaunchPad search aims to find up to 12 individuals or companies with new ideas for products or services for the stationery industry.
Entrants just need to put their ideas and a product sample forward to be in with a chance of winning this exciting prize.
Now happily working with The Art File, Zakera Kali, founder of Peace & Blessings and a LaunchPad winner in 2017 had advice for those thinking of taking part:
“My advice to anyone entering LaunchPad is to make sure you are organised and ready, as you really don’t know where winning could lead you.”
Who Can Enter
The LaunchPad competition is open to any company which, or individual who:
- Has not exhibited at either the London or Manchester Stationery Shows previously.
- Has the rights to sell the featured product/range/service.
- Does not currently sell the featured product/range/service through any UK national retail accounts or distributors in the stationery retail sector.
All of this year’s LaunchPad judges have either started or launched a business in the stationery industry, so are ideally placed to assess how well entries are likely to perform. They are:
- Sarah Sibley, founder of online stationery retailer Got2Jot.
- Michael Owen, co-founder of Lime Stationery & Art.
- Penny Green, director of retail & wholesale Europe for kikki-K.
- Jamie Mitchell*, co-founder and director at quirky stationery and gift supplier Ohh Deer.
- Kaushal Shah*, founder of Paper Plus Europe.
*Both James and Kaushal were also identified as ‘Thirty Under 30 Star Choice’ stationery industry winners earlier this year.
How to Enter
The closing date for entries is Thursday, 28 February.
Full details and the entry form can be found on the London Stationery Show website.