Classy Christmas Cards Are the Perfect Pick for Grown-Ups
Today’s greetings card pick is all about Classy Christmas Cards for grown-ups. A selection of ten cards with style and grace perfect for older friends and family. With touches of vintage inspiration and a nod to traditional Christmas greetings, these cards provide understated elegance, evoking the feel of festive times gone by.
1. With the comfy feel of a vintage scrap book my first pick is the ‘Rose Cottage’ Christmas Card from Knots & Kisses (shown above). The design features vintage florals and Christmas stamps, finished with a festive red bow. Available in a pack of 5 cards with matching envelopes for £7.50 from the Knots & Kisses website (for link, see no.8 below).
2. This elegant Christmas Wreath card is a stylish way to wish someone a Merry Christmas. Available in 6 different colour ways, the card is £2.95 from the A Farmer’s Daughter website.
3. I love the elegance of this simple ‘Baubles and Stars’ design by Ananya Cards. Decorated with subtle patterns and embellished with a sprinkling of crystals it’s a great choice for glamorous grown-ups. Buy online for £2.50 from the Ananya Cards website.
4. ‘Snow on the Curragh’ by Designer and Illustrator Brian Fitzgerald is inspired by his early years growing up near the Curragh racecourse. A charming wintery scene of stable boys out for an early morning gallop. The card is prices €3.25 from Art Cards Ireland.
5. Screen-printed by hand, this opulent Christmas Tree design is from Ilustris. Cards are printed with both shiny and matt inks on a reflective paper to give depth and texture to the design. Retailing at £4.00, the cards are available from stockists nationwide. Find out more at the Ilustris website.
6. The Vintage-inspired ‘Christmas Bows & Bells’ is a way for grown-ups to send a traditional style card with a modern illustrative twist. £10.00 for a pack of 10 cards from Ella Johnston Art & Illustration.
7. The next choice is a classic-looking, yet modern design called ‘Little Winter Bird’. Designed by Lucy Burningham for Emily Burningham, the card uses paper from sustainable sources. £3.99 for a pack of six cards from Emily Burningham.
8. With a Kraft-style backdrop and touches of tartan, the ‘Rustic Holly Print’ Christmas Card is another lovely grown-up design from Knots and Kisses. £7.50 for a pack of 5 cards from the Knots & Kisses website.
9. The ‘Leaf Xmas Tree’ is a stunning letterpress design. Beautiful twisty leaf patterns unite to create a classic Christmas tree silhouette. Each card is then finished with a gold foil star. $4.50 from Bruno Press.
10. My last pick for the ‘Christmas cards for grown-ups’ recommendations is this ‘Cathedral & Pony’ snowy landscape. Merging photography and art, the card has been created by Sarah Williams PhotoArt, based on the famous Ely Cathedral. A great choice if you like traditional style cards with an artistic twist. Cards are £1.00 each or £8.00 for a pack of ten cards. Find out more at the Sarah Williams PhotoArt website.